Well friends, Always Brave, Sometimes Kind is now in the pre-launch phase! We have a beautiful cover to display, amazing writers “blurbing” the book, and pre-order links all over the internet!
This is a really exciting and important time. A successful pre-order campaign sets the stage for how well one’s book will be received after it’s launch (September 27th, 2020, ya’ll!).
If you are an author’s friend or a loved one, you might wonder how you can support or encourage them during the pre-launch. Here’s a list of free and easy ways to help an author succeed.
- Order Their Book – okay, so this one isn’t free, but it’s the only item on the list with a cost involved! Click any of the below links if you’re interested in purchasing Always Brave, Sometimes Kind.
- Click on the book – Got a preschooler socially-isolated and bored at home? Challenge them to see how often they can click on Always Brave, Sometimes Kind. After all, kids love repetition! (Just kidding. Kinda.). For reals though, the more “clicks” a book gets, the higher the book will appear in ratings, which are all generated by algorithms.
- Google the Title – Maybe you have a school-ager instead of a preschooler; in that case, here’s some awesome typing practice! (Again, kidding. Kinda.) The truth is, every time an item is searched and found using Google, it is given more importance according to Google. The more importance it has, the higher up on the search result list it appears, and the goal is to have the book be first on the list when somebody searches the title, and closest to the top when somebody searches a topic related to the book.
- “Like” or “Follow” their Author Platforms – Okay, back to real suggestions – connect with your favourite author on their professional platforms and interact whenever possible. This helps the author reach a wider audience. To connect with the author who wrote this list (me!), click on the following links: Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- Ask Local Libraries and Bookstores to Stock it – Who doesn’t want to take a step back from the internet these days? If you’re old school and want to support your favourite author in a concrete way, consider asking your local libraries and bookstores to order in a few copies.
- Make it a Book Club Read! – If you’re one of the earth angels who participates in a Book Clubs, first off, bless you. You can support your favourite author by pitching their book as an upcoming club read. Many authors have Book Club Discussion Questions available for download (subscribe to the mailing list to receive the forthcoming book club discussion pages for Always Brave, Sometimes Kind). Many authors (including this one!) are also available to Skype, Zoom, or FaceTime visit the club for Q&As.
- Collaborate – Do you also have an online platform? Consider a collaboration with your favourite author. How could you work together to cross-promote: could you offer a guest blogging session, space on your podcast, an Facebook live interview? Your writerly friend will forever hold you in their heart.